We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Experts point out that the development of emotional intelligence is of the utmost importance on the basis of educating generations of solution-oriented generations with high academic achievement, loved around. Experts that parents who play a role in the future of their children, who ignore the feelings of their children and who criticize and punish them more or more, warn that davranış such behavior leads to low emotional intelligence which plays a major role in improving the quality of life of the child gelecekteki.
The role of family in emotional intelligence
Psychologist Dr. Mir from the Center for Education and Psychological Counseling, who made an assessment of the development of emotional intelligence and the duties of the parents. Ayşegül Önk Eray, cognitive intelligence (IQ) and emotional intelligence (EQ) complement each other, but emotional intelligence skills, although 50 percent of innate, emphasizes that it is available later. Emotional intelligence is less inherited than cognitive intelligence, so deficiencies can be compensated. Therefore, parents and educators have a great role in developing children's emotional intelligence. Family is the school where the first emotional lessons are given. It is known that parents with high emotional intelligence are more skillful about these courses. Although emotional intelligence continues to evolve in later years, the first opportunity to create elements emerges in the early childhood years.
Psychologist. Ayşegül Önk Eray describes emotional intelligence from the first step up: tanıma Knowing yourself, being aware of your own feelings and thoughts, knowing what and how you do it, managing emotions, using the power of emotions without captive, constructing them in a constructive way, self-motivating to be able to act, to mobilize, to understand the feelings of others, to use the power of empathy, to maintain social relations in a healthy way. ”
First of all, parents should be aware that in order to help their children succeed in life, their behavior is effective in güven creating trust, curiosity, learning pleasure and a concept of boundary ta. Because the emotional skills to be acquired are built on the foundation created in the first years. Parents need to explore ways to raise their own emotional intelligence before they can become conscious and skilled educators.
Ways to improve the child's emotional intelligence
1. Encourage your child to discover and express his / her feelings and set an example.
2. Create and maintain clear rules and boundaries. When he doesn't, warn him first, it will help him gain his own control. (To limit the amount of time he spends on TV and computer.)
3. Inform the child about social responsibility projects so that they can learn to empathize and participate in the work together. So you can teach him to be sensitive, encourage him to be helpful.
4. Have conversations highlighting the importance of honesty and tell example stories about it.
5. When the family has common problems, ask the child to think about finding solutions. Let him express his thoughts. The best way to improve your problem-solving skills is to arrange weekly family meetings.
6. Help him solve his own problems, support him to produce alternative solutions; do not attempt to solve problems in its place.
7. Encourage participation in social activities in and out of school. It is important to create age-appropriate opportunities for your child to make friends.
8. Allow the child to make mistakes so that he or she can learn to bear the consequences. Teach him to apologize when he makes a mistake. You must admit your mistakes and do not hesitate to apologize when necessary.
9. Convert the time you spend with your child into a mutually satisfied process. Do not neglect physical contact. Everyone needs a hug. The child learns the feelings of acceptance, kindness and compassion by living and feeling.
10. Encourage your child to find suitable hobbies. Support him to continue, let him learn to persevere. But avoid a program that runs from course to course, drowning in weekend activities.
11. Teaching cooperative games to the child makes them understand that success is part of the group process. It makes it easy to cope with a competitive world.
12. Teach how to control negative emotions. Feelings such as anger and anger are normal feelings, only how they are expressed is important.
13. It is important to be optimistic about the relationship with the child. The child creates his own behavior by observing his parents. The pessimistic tendency is increasing compared to previous generations. The teacher of pessimism has a great risk of making the child susceptible to depression.