We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Wherever we go, he draws attention with his peltek speech. Everyone likes it very much çe As we see that people like it, ours nightingale is cut, talking and talking… But it worries me that it will start school now…
Peltek speech, which can be considered normal until a certain age in children, can bring with it both social and academic problems as the child grows older. DBE Institute of Behavioral Sciences Clinical Psychologist Açelya Şahin says, “Peltek speech can occur due to many different factors. Konuşma
• As a child of 2-3 years old is in a transition period in speech, he cannot make the right sounds and may say some letters are missing or incorrect.
• Still using pacifiers is another factor that leads to peltek speech.
• Your child may be trying to indirectly describe an event or situation that bothers him and cannot be directly expressed. (For example, newborn brother, change of country, missing kayıp etc.)
So what to do?
• If your child is in the process of developing language skills, there is no need to panic. Learn to make the right sounds over time.
• Do not attempt to decrypt if the pacifier cannot be understood while speaking. Tell him you don't understand what he's saying and ask him to take it out and repeat it.
• As much as you like the fact that your child speaks peltek, do not let him feel it. Because if this situation continues, it will be very difficult in the process of learning to read, especially when he starts school.
• Imitating the peltek speech of another wrong child, where parents or other people fall from time to time. However, for him to learn to speak correctly, the people around him must be running correctly. Talk to your child as if you were an adult. Be especially careful not to use expressions that will make you feel like a little baby. For example; Avoid talking like “Come on, kitty, we're making horses” or “Eveeett mamma time pierced”.
• You can tell your child how much he likes it when he speaks correctly rather than criticize him, especially in environments where other people are present, because he / she speaks peltek.
• It will also be useful for him to read a lot of books in terms of language skills.
• If your child has reached the age of starting primary school and is still having problems speaking, it is helpful to consult a specialist (speech therapist).