We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
After the birth of your little cub, the anxiety of motherhood begins to turn you into a completely different person. Especially when it comes to the care of newborns, questions and concerns arise about many issues related to daily baby care, such as feeding, sleep patterns, changing routines. The number of times your mini-sucked up during the day, how many times it polluted the gold and how long it slept, becomes the most important questions of your life. Because the answer to these three questions is crucial for your baby's growth and health. The importance of nutrition and sleep is indisputable; but to be happy with your baby's diapers being dirty, you didn't expect much. Your pup will need to be defecated regularly so that it does not suffer from gas pains, is peaceful and able to suck regularly. However, when it occurs, even if it is considered a situation that can adversely affect adults, constipation in infants it can become more painful.
So why are babies constipated? In this article all those who are curious about the symptoms and treatment!
What are the Symptoms of Constipation in Infants?
Adults may experience periodic constipation due to malnutrition or intestinal laziness. If the person has abdominal distention or defecation problems, he / she takes the precautions considering that he / she is constipated. Unfortunately, this is not the case in infants and children. Although the little ones who can not tell their problems show some symptoms, you will notice the problem only if you interpret them correctly.
Baby Constipation Symptoms are as follows;
- If there is blood in the baby's poo;
It means your baby is having trouble pooping. When constipated babies are forced toilets, ruptures and bleeding may occur around the anus.
- If the baby has swelling and stiffness in the abdomen;
There is a visible swelling in the abdomen and a hardness that can be felt when you touch it by hand because it cannot fully empty the bowel.
- If the baby is pushing poop;
It's a sign of constipation. The bowel movements were reduced and the structure of the feces changed. This will force your baby to poop forcing and pushing.
- If the baby is grumpy;
Due to the slowing of bowel movements, your offspring may suffer from abdominal pain and gas pains, which can cause infancy.
- If the baby is poor;
Anorexia may occur in infants experiencing crankiness and abdominal pain. Abdominal pressure is not fully evacuated and the baby does not understand that he is hungry.
- If the baby's poo is dry and hard;
This may be a sign of insufficient fluid consumption or bowel laziness due to malnutrition. The structure of feces in constipated babies is dry and hard. This is more noticeable when the baby is infrequent.
What Causes Constipation in Infants?
Constipation is more common in children after the first 6 months until the age of 2 years. Especially in this period to experience this problem more often 'Causes constipation in infants? ' brings the question;
- Babies can start feeding with solid food after the 6th month. During the transition from breast milk to supplementary food, the body of the infants tries to adapt to new nutrients and defecation patterns may vary during the acclimatization phase. New eating habits can cause constipation in infants.
- Nutrients added to breast milk can cause constipation in infants. This can also occur if the mother consumes foods that can lead to constipation during breastfeeding. In short, as the mother feeds, the baby who suckles breast milk can be constipated because it will receive these nutrients.
- Babies consuming less liquid during the day are more likely to be constipated. Constipation may occur if the amount of water in the body is reduced. This situation can be experienced more frequently during the seasons.
- Drugs used for certain diseases in infants can cause constipation as a side effect. In general, when the drug is interrupted, the problem disappears.
- Constipation may occur in children who consume cow's milk. Some children have difficulty in digesting cow's milk and this leads to constipation.
- Some infants have slower digestive and excretory movements compared to other infants. This is due to genetic predisposition. Metabolic movements vary from infant to infant, resulting in less frequent defecation.
- In some periods of infants, bowel movements decrease. Crawling and learning to walk, and teething periods, change the diet of children and consequently constipation causes more frequent.
How is constipation treated in infants?
If a newborn baby does not poop for 2-3 days, this is an indication of constipation. Well How constipation in a baby passes?
- With drug treatment: In constipated babies, the problem can be solved with a medication supplement that the doctor considers appropriate for treatment. Herbal supplemented suppositories or prebiotic and probiotic supplemented drops are drug supplements used for this purpose. Intestinal flora regulating effect of these products, must be used in consultation with a physician. Otherwise, your child may have an allergic effect.
- Massage: One of the drug-free treatments of infant constipation is massages applied to the baby's abdomen. A constipated baby develops abdominal distention and stiffness. With the help of a suitable massage oil or a cream containing natural content, the baby's belly can be massaged with circular and soft movements. This method will help to ease the baby's crankiness and relax.
- With hot water application: The effect of hot water is very high in accelerating bowel movements. Soak your baby in a bath that is not too hot for 10 minutes and bathing at a temperature that will not burn your miniature, will help soften the poo.
- By exercising: Abundant movement, slowing bowel movements is the ideal solution for babies. If your baby cannot walk or even crawl, some small exercise movements will be very useful. When your baby is lying on his back, moving his legs as if he were pedaling back and forth both relaxes and helps his bowels to work.
What are the nutrients that are good for constipation in infants?
The main reason for constipation is the wrong diet of the baby. Families feed offspring to relieve and prevent constipation 'what good for constipated baby? ' often asks the question.
- Fluid consumption is very important during this period. Babies can drink freshly squeezed fruit juices, especially peaches, apples and orange juice.
- The consumption of fiber foods should be increased. Cauliflower and celery puree can be given to babies.
- Feeding a small bowl of yogurt a day will accelerate your bowel movements.
- Consumption of cereal foods should be increased. Whole wheat bread may be preferred instead of white bread.
- Fruit puree such as apricot, peach, plum plum, apple and pear is good for constipation. The pulp fruits work the intestines.
- Choosing bulgur rice instead of pasta and rice pilaf will help prevent constipation.
- Abundant water consumption will facilitate the digestion of children, especially those who are new to supplementary food.
Like a throat constipation in infants can cause your pup to have restless days. During this process, especially if you are breastfeeding your baby's nutrition and sensitive to your own nutrition to be sensitive and selective, constipation will be the most important point.