We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Each year, the time to start school hosts both joy and distress for both families and children, and this year there is an even greater rush with the changing age of schooling.
First of all, children who start socializing in the family continue to do so at school with the new process. However, before the first step of school life, some children are excited and some have a fearful wait. Anadolu Health Center Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Zafer Atasoy, She emphasizes that children need to support their parents in this process, where they start a new phase of their lives by starting school.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, who draws attention to the fact that children are almost unrivaled, leaving the home environment where there is excessive interest, and getting used to the environment where dozens of friends like him are. Zafer Atasoy said, girmek Entering the school environment also means losing all the properties of the house. On the other hand, the way for acquiring social features that she did not have at home was opened. A period of emotional tides has begun, “he says.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Zafer Atasoy offers the following suggestions for the first days of school to parents who have just started school:
• Be cool and stable:It is necessary to take a patient and determined attitude in order for the fears that the newly designed child has designed to disappear in his mind before he lives. It should be emphasized that what the school will gain from it will not lead to losses, especially in terms of the situation and relationships at home. It is very important to support the relationship with the classroom teacher and to act with the suggestions of the teacher.
• Do not take classes for more than a few days: Initially, the attitude and decision of the teacher should be respected in order to enter the class with the child. Parents may attend classes with the child who does not want to leave his mother and reacts against the classroom environment, especially in the first days of school, but this should not be continuous. This behavior should never exceed a few days.
• Avoid aggressive attitudes: Aggressive, offensive attitudes and behaviors to be exhibited by family members adversely affect the adaptation process of the child. These behaviors may be perceived by the child as being unpopular, having no value at home, being pushed, and other interests overriding itself. It may not be possible to predict the consequences of aggressive attitudes.
• All members of the family should adopt a consistent attitude and encourage children to attend school.
• Always speak to the child in a clear and understandable manner. If he does not want to go to school, the reasons and concerns of this fear should be clearly revealed. However, this should not be done in a humiliating and humiliating manner.
• It should be said that not only her, but every child can experience it.
• Trust is the most important thing for children. Therefore, the child should be given a sense of trust. Çocuk I'm here ”, al I'll pick you up at the exit”, ks You will see me ”, olac I will be at the door” should calm the child. In the first days, it may be necessary for parents not to leave their children alone in schools in order to gain the trust of children.
• Certainly, no comparative attitude should be taken and other children should not be shown as örnek good examples..
• Collaborate with the school and the teacher during the first days of school and afterwards. Families should be informed by school professionals and guidance counselors about when to end this adaptation process.
When should I get psychological help?
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist emphasized that if fear and anxiety lasts more than a week or two, it is necessary to seek psychological help without wasting time. Zafer Atasoy, “guidance teachers are the first professionals to be consulted. If there is not enough solution, this time it is necessary to consult with child mental health experts ”.