We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You are striving for your child to succeed. However, there is something that you do not understand and your child's success in school decreases with each passing day or your child does not want to go to school. You may not know what to do when you face this situation and you may need help. We have compiled potential causes and solutions for your child's academic failure and made it the subject of this paper. Here are the reasons and suggestions…
What are the reasons for this?
-Any problems and unrest in the family environment that may affect the child
-Inadequate nutrition of children, not enough to consume nutrients to support physical and mental development
- Changes in the emotional state your child is experiencing (such as changes caused by illness or death of a family member…)
- High levels of stress and pressure
-Staying from someone he loves for a long time (seeing the mother or father for a long time) or being separated from someone (eg not seeing old friends because of moving)
- Little or no right to choose (for example, you decided to enroll your child in a course and started sending him to this course without consulting him; his academic achievement will be reduced when he does something he doesn't want!).
- Your child is always a passive participant and is not allowed to be an active participant. For example, can your child share his / her views at school with his / her teacher and friends, or is he / she constantly shy and afraid of other people?
- Forcing the child to an education that is well above the level of mental and physical development.
- A life that is boring and unchanged (for example, if your child only goes to and from school and has to spend time alone or in front of the television, not having fun, doing the new things to refresh his energy…)
What can you do?
The most important thing you need to do is to show your support in the event of failure. The most important message you need to give him is to show that he loves him not only in moments when he is successful. And teach him the fact that he can share everything with you (his successes and his failures).
To give importance to the nutrition of your child and to help him / her to feed with the necessary nutrients for his / her development. Never send your child to school without breakfast. Find out what the children eat at school and follow your school's list of meals to ensure that your child gets regular and balanced nutrition at school and at home.
- It is very important to understand your child's emotional changes, to give him time, to underestimate his feelings, not to make fun of him and to show that you support him. .
- Make sure that your child has the necessary social relationships at school and in friends. Children who have problems with friends may not want to go to school, and therefore academic failure may occur.
-Give your child the chance to choose for activities. When you say give him the right to choose, of course we are not talking about an example of your child choosing a school for himself. Just after you choose your school, ask him for his opinion, take him to his school and ask him if he likes it here, introduce him to the teachers. This will show your child that you care about him and that you care about his thoughts.
- Make sure that your child is able to express himself / herself freely in the community, especially at school and in the classroom. Support him to be self-confident and tell your child that his ideas are also important.
-Create environments where your child can have fun and feel happy. The child who goes from school to home, from home to school, does not have any social life will soon become bored and lose interest in his lessons and school.
Marion C. Diamon, Getting it Right About children's Development: The influences of nature and nurture, sponsored by the Harvard Children's Initiative, Friday, February, 1999.
Contact Idil directly